Sunday 27 May 2012

Evaluation - Design practice


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I think i gained more skills in this module, first of all in the communication is a virus brief; we were asked to get into a group for working together i was matched with my friends Josh, Sophia, Emily and Kate and together we did a project about music. I liked the brief as i could explore areas of music and design something which i've always wanted to do, the out come was great and i enjoyed working with the group as we have a lot in common so we brought all our ideas together to designs something effective. From this experience i think working with a mixture off people is always best to get different opinions on work, but i think as the module progressed i realised i can work well on my own, with friends and with other peers. 
In addition i think i have gained skills in my design process, i have previously just went with my initial idea and developed from there, throughout this module i have used research and a range of designs to develop the final out come, this is something i need to constantly process. 

2. What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have used illustrator for all of my designs in this module, and i feel fully confident in using the software now, however i would like to explore a lot more with photoshop and other design programmes this is something i will work on over the summer, practice and progress for year 2. 

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
Throughout this module i have used a range of colour in my designs, interacting colour with the concept of the brief. For example in the communication is a virus brief, it was a group decision to use the colour scheme we did as the colour fit for all the genres of music we were designs for, i believe decisions like this make designs more visually effective and i hope to pick up and do this with all my designs.  
I also think i have kept up to date with blogging during this module.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I wished i had used other ways of processing my work, for example i would of like to have screen printed my it's your choice products and perhaps use d the laser cutter, due to lack of planning an preparation of my actual designs i wasn't able to have the final products how i wanted them. Unfortunatly i had to print majority of my products in the has suite as i couldn't afford to print in the digital print room as there is a lot of other on going work i need to save money for, the is something i need to be more prepared for in the future as i wouldn't want it to bring my grades down for lack of final visuals. 

5. Identify 5 things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
I will experiment with different medias and processes to show a range in my design and technical abilities.
I will book into inductions such as last cutting, book binding and screen printing again to make my self fully aware of how to do things my self.
I will spend more time designing, especially initial designs to show a wide range of experimental ideas.
I will keep up to date with blogging; previously this has held me back on other work i should be getting on with.
I will be more organised with my work and my money situations for the sake of my work.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:

Attendance: 3
Punctuality: 3
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 4
Quantity of work produced: 3
Quality of work produced: 3
Contribution to the group: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment