Friday 4 October 2013

Placement at BrandFuel

I decided to keep a record of my time at BrandFuel whilst on placement. My time there was educational, fun and mainly an experience. The main reason I chose to do the placement was because i wanted to be living and working back in London for a few weeks and to gain professional experience to enhance my practice before starting back in third year. 

My two week placement at BrandFuel was in retrospect practical knowledge of a graphics, events and production. 



The placement diary


Week 1.


- Worked with friendly and helpful professionals. 

- Worked in a professional environment. 
- Was a member of the graphic design team.
- Was included in pitches, brainstorming sessions, presentations.
- Work which I contributed to (Hope & homes, Benefit cosmetics, ITV, Twitter, Google) such as retouching logos, developing presentation boards, ticket and invite designs along with researching.
- Visited the Google offices with David from BrandFuel to sit in on two event pitches.




Interior decor at the Google offices 

Week 2. 

- Was included in the events and production work flow.

- Worked at The Heroines Of Computing event held by Google at Bletchley Park, an event with payed tribute to the women code breakers of WW2, my role was to decorate the venue, put up signage along with packing up after the guests had left. Overall it was a great day and I'm glad I played part in the event. 
- I also worked at BGC Charity Day, helped the production crew with filming and audio recording, and got to witness interviews from behind the scenes. As well as talk to a few high profilers! 




Over all the BGC charity day was the best part of my placement, the day was a great experience and all for a good cause. I met some amazing people and would love to work at an event like this again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment