Saturday 5 October 2013

Studio visit to Google Offices

Whilst on placement I spent 50% of my time out of the studio working at events, helping the production crew filming or sitting in on pitches for upcoming projects. One of the most exciting days on placement was when I was invited to sit in on two pitches at Google Head Office with David, the CEO of BrandFuel. The day was a huge learning curve in terms of having a very professional manner in front of clients and professionals, along with being myself and having an input when it came to ideas being shared in the pitches to show my interest in the projects.

What I gained from my visit to Google:

- A sense of professionalism
- An idea of what the design and events area is of the creative industry
- An understanding of real life working relationships, between creatives and clients
- An idea of how to pitch to a company
- Who Google are as a company, their workers and their ethos
- Met people from global brands such as Google and Twitter

In summary my visit to the Google offices made me realise that working for a large company is something i'm keen to do once graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment