Monday 19 May 2014

Reflection of my three years

Reflection of three years on this course:

Year one: Reflecting back on year one seems a long time ago interns of what the past three years have bought me on this course. When I first started I came from a art and design back ground with a huge interest in photography, little knowledge about graphics and a thirst for succeeding in the design industry. First year thought me a lot in terms of understating the fundamentals of graphics, however grasping the design stage of it came later on. 

Work which I was producing in first year, beyond embarrassing:

I had no knowledge of good typefaces, layout, presentation of work.


Probably thought this was really cool at the time. 


Towards the end of first year I was quite interested in music promotion, this was when I grasped product, promotion and distribution. 




Year two: Second year was when I began incorporating my interests into the design I wanted to create, whether it be fashion, photography, music or culture. 

I enjoyed incorporating hand rendered type into my briefs.



Developed a huge interest promotional material for fashion. 


I liked entering competition briefs, which were fast turned around tasks. My style of presentation boards  developed a lot and looked more neat.



The dazed and confused brief was my favourite from the entire year, the collaboration allowed me and Emily to explore concepts, research, photography, events and design, over all the brief was a great success in terms of outcomes.



Year three: Third year has been my most productive year, the realisation that I wanted to be a designer in the fashion sector came after the COP3 module. Before then I lost touch of the context of who and what I was designing and why. These are a few examples of the work from this year which I am most proud of. 




No comments:

Post a Comment