Thursday 30 January 2014

PPP | COP3 | EP | Module summary so far

PPP

After doing studio visits to Google and doing a two week placement at Brandfuel I realised that I love the idea of working a for a big company, a place which enables opportunity to move around in areas of design. In terms of where I want to work I know it is fashion related, Ive always had a huge interest in fashion and this year I have tried to incorporate elements of it in to my graphic design practice. 

COP3

The COP3 module was a massive realisation period for me. My essay question was "Does the significance of flowers lie in artistic nature or commercial value" and although initially this doesn't sound very graphic design or fashion related - this question helped me learn a lot about language, culture, semiotics, meaning, concepts, fashion, textiles and even graphics. I was investigating and writing about subjects which genuinely interested me from logo design to haute couture embellishment to poetry, gaining an understanding of a lot of different things which all steamed back to flowers really inspired me in terms of my practice. And the realisation was that all my graphic design interests are fashion related, whether it be branding, print for fashion and textiles, retail design or visual merchandising. I know I am a designer who wants to work for the fashion sector. 

EXTENDED PRACTICE

At the beginning of the year I was struggling a little to initiate briefs which signified what I wanted to be designing as I was trying to figure out who i should be designing for. The placement I did earlier on in the year was a rest learning cute from my practice as it made me realise where I wanted to work, and the COP 3 module was influential for my practice in terms of who I wanted to be working at. So my extended practice module will be based on my experience, learning and creative ambitions to work and design in the fashion sector. 

No comments:

Post a Comment