Monday 10 February 2014

Tutorial with John | PPP

Today I had a 30 minute tutorial to discuss me as a young and professional designer, and the direction of work I aim to go in as well as studio visits and possible placements.

I explained to John that my main interests were Branding/ Fashion/ Interior/ Print and Pattern.

I told John that I enjoy generating digital art work for print and pattern to be applied to interior and fashion products such as wallpaper, textiles surfaces or clothing and accessories.

John responded by saying that there are many areas of design I could venture and the best thing to do would be to contact studios or companies who supply pattern design for such products.

Companies and studios I am interested in contacting for advice and information:

- Tiger print
- Trendstop
- Print source
- Pattern People
- SFD

Each of these studios engage in an area I'm am interested in whether it be they supply print for apparel, sourcing imagery for new designs in fashion and interior, concentrate on retail design and visual merchandising.

The discussion with John was helpful as he gave me great feedback on the designs I have been working on so far this year, and his feedback has helped me find my feet a little more in terms of the direction I should be heading in - by contacting professionals for advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment