Thursday 30 May 2013

A design presence - Self branding: LMB

_ Branding

Lisa Marina Burns
LMB

I thought a great starting point for branding would be to start working with my name and initials as a posed to creating a logo straight away. From this my initial thought for creating a visual identity for myself would be to use some of my photography work, I believe using imagery will show that i'm a fan of photography and I like to combine it with graphic design.

From my photography albums I selected an image which is a South East London cityscape image, an area where I used to live. The picture depicts colour, perspective, material and structure, all of which are aspects that can be applied into design.


I wanted to design a very simple logo just based on my initials, here is the strongest and most bold I produced using the Arial Black font. 


Adding illustrative details to the image made the photograph less realistic which I liked.




From here I experimented with type, font and layout to see how my logo was best composed. Although I like the idea of text as image, I was unsure whether I could apply this to a variety of products with it maintaining consistency. 


Business cards experiments, applying different fonts to each, over all I felt the Arial Black stood out most, and was most legible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment