Monday 13 May 2013

Design strategy - Print Project Talk

Today I attended The Print Project talk in the lecture theatre, where a letter press designer and printer came in to discuss the ethics of letter press design. The presentation informed me about what letter press design was, how he produced his own work, what machinery was used to do so and how to go about buying his prints. I decided to look on the website provided to see what kind of work was is being produced. 

Heres is a print which was shown in the lecture, the colours look more vivid on stock as a posed to screen. The designer stated that "much of this reminds me of acid tabs".


The Cunningham Amendment.


Garage Grumbles: Guerrillas in the Garden

I’ve always taken an interest in Guerrilla Gardening. Once, in Blackburn, I was part of a team that wallpapered and painted a derelict bus stop in the wee hours of a Sunday morning. In Brighouse I left some flower pots in the midst of one of the town’s many concrete zones. As my bones grew older I took to litter-picking. It always struck me that the area around the 1in12 is crying out for environmental experiments.
Since coming down to Norfolk we have adopted a piece of wasteland. At some time in the past it had been a village garden. We’ve spent a good year by now, mowing and weeding and planting. It looks fine. The only problems we encounter have been the English diseases of litter and the fact that the motor car seems to trump every other value. We get vehicles parked up on there leaving tyre-tracks. If I see them I ask politely if they wouldn’t awfully mind moving on. Most apologise and drive off. Some don’t. As for litter I get out there most days with my picker-upper-sticker. It keeps me healthy. And just maybe, perhaps a busy motorist, whizzing off to work, catches a glimpse of this patch of ground and it may make them smile.

Source:http://theprintproject.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment